Shunter Driver (Class 1) - Liverpool
We are seeking to recruit an LGV qualified Shunter Driver for our day shift to work from our base in Liverpool Port.
The overall purpose of the role is for the safe internal shunting movements of trailers around our operational sites. As a qualified LGV Driver there will also be a requirement, from time to time, to carry out deliveries and collections to other locations throughout the country.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health, Safety and compliance;
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law;
- Drive the vehicle efficiently;
- Inspect vehicles and trailers pre and post use;
- Report all defects;
- Ensure all loads are safe to move and secure where necessary;
- Plan the most efficient route;
- Report delays and issues promptly to the Transport Supervisors;
- Obtain customer signature on delivery paperwork where required;
- Return signed paperwork (PODS) to the office promptly;
- Remove and dispose (in an appropriate manner) any dunnage left in trailers after delivery and reposition any unused straps;
- When presenting trailers to the Forest Products Terminal ensure the trailer floor is swept clean and is dry;
- The opening and closing of tautliner curtains and securing cargo as appropriate.
- Comply with all road transport regulations and laws;
- Follow all procedures in relation to digicard.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant driving experience;
- Up to date with driving qualifications;
- Experience of working with others in teams to deliver results;
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Safety and Compliance Conscious – Aware of and have working knowledge of safety procedures, processes and rules that must be followed to ensure safety compliance;
- Communication – Structures and pitches all communications at an appropriate and relevant level to meet the needs of a range of audiences;
- Quality Conscious – Understands the importance of providing a quality service along with the ability to be consistent and monitor how well a job is being done and introduce ways to improve efficiency;
- Teamwork – Supports a positive team environment where team members cooperate, participate and respect each other to achieve desired results;
- Adaptability/ Flexibility – Ability to change priorities to meet others’ expectations. Ability to shift position on issues in response to a changing situation and an ability to overcome setbacks in order to achieve objectives;
- Practical – The ability and willingness to operate equipment and maintain the working environment as required. This may include compliance equipment checks and general housekeeping;
- Process Operation – Understands, implements, controls and/ or co-ordinates a complete process or procedure.
LGV Mechanic – Warrenpoint
We are currently seeking to recruit an LGV mechanic for our Warrenpoint workshop. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience with particular knowledge in the area of trailer maintenance. A Class E HGV licence would be desirable but not essential. The position will primarily be based at Milltown Industrial Estate, Warrenpoint but will require travel to other sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of fleet of trailers
- Carry out and record regular compliance checks
- Carry out operational duties from time to time – Forklift
- Adhere to stated policies relating to health and safety, and quality management
- Diligent – Applies high levels of accuracy and precision to all tasks. Demonstrates attention to detail and is persistent in efforts to produce high quality and accurate work;
- Flexibility – Ability to change priorities to meet others’ expectations. Adaptable to shift position on issues in response to a changing situation and an ability to overcome setbacks in order to achieve objectives;
- Teamwork and collaboration – Supports a positive team environment where team members cooperate, participate and respect each other to achieve desired results. Collaborates across departments and the business towards a common purpose to achieve business benefit;
- Problem solving – The ability to precisely gauge a situation and arrive at a positive solution, which takes into consideration defining the problem, devising alternatives and evaluating and implementing the most suitable solution;
- Planning prioritising and organising – Anticipates the work required to implement the business/ departmental plans. Determines workloads and resources required for implementation. Schedules activities and resources to ensure projects and operational plans are implement and sees work through to its successful conclusion;
- Resilient – Ability to overcome setbacks in order to achieve objectives. Ability to remain determined in adverse/ difficult circumstances.