Operations Manager, Northern Ireland
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Operations Manager, will be responsible for ensuring the efficient running of port-centric warehousing service for our customer base. The role is a key strategic and operational leadership role with a diverse selection of challenging and varied responsibilities. These include; managing the operations process, performance improvement, direction of operational planning and continuous improvement, all in a safe and compliant environment whilst supporting our wider strategic directions of operational growth and diversification. The Operations Manager will lead and manage to achieve maximum results for our customer base and Jenkins.
In order to succeed in this role, the individual will have the following essential criteria:
- A track record of recent professional management development;
- Significant and recent experience in an operational management role within a warehouse service and fast paced environment;
- Extensive experience of operational roles within an inbound and outbound warehouse environment;
- A successful track record of delivering through strong leadership and effective people management skills;
- A successful track record of delivering team KPI’s in a health and safety led environment;
- Evident experience of operating in a continuous improvement type environment;
- Evidence of establishing and maintaining excellent business relationships within key external and internal stakeholders;
- Proven experience of implementing organisational efficiencies with proven impact;
- Experience of and working knowledge of the WMS for business improvement methodologies and practices;
- Have an excellent and professional communication style and the ability to deal with a range of audiences.
The key competencies for the effective performance of this role are:
- People Management
- Results Orientation
- Resource Management
- Customer Service Orientation
- Risk Management
- Relationship Management
- Commercial Acumen
In Return, We Offer:
- Salary circa £47k, dependent on experience;
- Provision of company laptop, mobile phone and any other necessary IT equipment;
- Free on-site Parking
- Membership of a contributory Group Pension Scheme;
- Life Assurance Scheme in place for all employees;
- 34 days paid leave per year (including 9 customary holidays);
- Professional development opportunities;
- Access to and use of our WMS Boltrics system that has been specifically designed for logistics service providers to streamline warehouse activities;
- Access to and use of our visionary performance management IT platform that will transform the way you drive your team’s culture and engagement;
- An opportunity to be part of a leading and progressive group company at an exciting phase in our growth.
For further information download our candidate briefing document via ‘briefing document’ button
Submit a current CV and accompanying cover letter providing demonstrable evidence, by way of example, of how you meet the essential criteria. A cover letter template has been provided and can be downloaded via our careers page. Simply click on the button ‘apply now’.
Please note that the closing date for receipt of completed applications is Monday 31st July at 12 noon. Completed applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.